Making his debut in Australia following three seasons at Highview Stud in New Zealand is Sweet Orange, a top class Group I winner in Hong Kong by one of the world’s best sires in War Front.
A stakes-winner in Ireland at two over seven furlongs, Sweet Orange proved a tough and talented performer when transferred to Hong Kong winning the Hong Kong Classic Mile and placing in a further three Group I events including the Audemars Piguet Queen Elizabeth II Cup and Hong Kong Derby.
By champion sire War Front, who has the exceptional statistic of 14.5 % stakes-winners to runners and is the sire of 56 stakes-winners worldwide including the 2015 European Champion 2YO Air Force Blue, who will shuttle to Coolmore Australia in the Hunter Valley this year.
- Top class competitor in the high pressure environment of Hong Kong racing.
- The first son of War Front to stand in Queensland.
- Full brother to last year’s brilliant Irish Group III winning 2YO Intelligence Cross, a fine fourth in the Group I Newmarket Middle Park Stakes.
- New Zealand bred progeny have impressed with their good bone and muscle and athleticism.
|Sweet Orange||WAR FRONT (USA)||Danzig||Northern Dancer||Nearctic|
|Pas de Nom||Admiral’s Voyage|
|GOOD VIBES (USA)||Unbridled’s Song||Unbridled||Fappiano|
|Rose Jade||Jade Hunter||Mr Prospector|
GOOD VIBES, by Unbridled’s Song. Winner at 8½f in U.S.A. Dam of ten named foals, all raced, seven winners, inc:-
INTELLIGENCE CROSS (c. by War Front). 2 wins at 2 in 2016, Curragh Round Tower S., Gr.3, Finest Surprise 2YO S., 2d Newmarket July S., Gr.2, Curragh Irish Stallion Farms 2YO S., 3d Goodwood Richmond S., Gr.2, Navan Power S., L
SWEET ORANGE (c. by War Front). 4 wins. See Race Record.
Bay of Biscay (c. by Giant’s Causeway). 2 wins at 7½f, 9f, 2d Remington Park Oklahoma Derby, Gr.3,
ROSE JADE, by Jade Hunter. Placed at 2 in U.S.A. Half-sister to ASSERT ONESELF, CLIVEDEN, GO NOT A’ RAMBLIN. Dam of 11 named foals, 9 to race, 8 winners, inc:-
Kiowa. 6 wins from 5f to 8¼f in U.S.A.
Another Incident. 3 wins-1 at 2-from 7f to 9f, Keeneland Allowance.
ROSEY RAMBLE, by Chieftain. Unraced. Half-sister to FLEET VELVET, Sweet Ramblin Rose (dam of RAMBLIN GUY, SWORD BLADE), Highland Rose (dam of SKUKE). Dam of 13 foals, 11 to race, 9 winners, inc:-
ASSERT ONESELF (Affirmed). 5 wins from 6f to 9½f, US$261,791, Arlington Park Modesty H., Gr.3, Remington Park Azalea H., L, Ardmore H., L,
CLIVEDEN (Valdez). 2 wins-1 at 2-at 6f, 7f, Royal Ascot Jersey S., Gr.3, 3d Epsom Diomed S., Gr.3, Royal Ascot Coventry S., Gr.3.
GO NOT A’ RAMBLIN (Huguenot). 5 wins-2 at 2, Fairmount Park Coquette S., L,
VELVET ROSE, by Round Table. Winner in U.S.A. Half-sister to EAGLESHAM, Forlink, Bold Pink (dam of LADY JANE GREY, RHUS), Pale Pink (dam of PALEI). Dam of 11 foals, 6 to race, 4 winners, inc:-
FLEET VELVET (Fleet Nasrullah). 7 wins-3 at 2, US$224,474, Santa Anita San Felipe H., Gr.2, Bay Meadows California Juvenile S., Gr.2, Thanksgiving Day H., Gr.3, 2d Hollywood Park Coronado H., L, Bay Meadows H., L, 3d Santa Anita Norfolk S., Gr.2, Alibhai H., L, 4th Santa Anita San Jacinto H., Gr.2. Sire.
Sweet Ramblin Rose (Turn-to). 2 wins, 3d Del Mar San Clemente S., L. Dam of-
Crimson Conquest. Winner at 2 in GB. Dam of-
CRIMPLENE (Lion Cavern). Champion 3YO Female Miler in GB in 2000. Champion 3YO Miler & Intermediate in Germany in 2000. 6 wins-2 at 2-from 1200m to 2000m, £358,262, 15,245fr., US$132,160, 30,599,997L., 120,000Dm., 36,600Dhs in GB, Ireland and Germany, Irish One Thousand Guineas, Gr.1, Goodwood Nassau S., Gr.1.
race record (Ireland, Hong Kong)
- 2nd Cork Irish Stallion Farms Median Auction Maiden S., 1600m, 2nd to Honey of a Kitten and beating Tradition.
- 1st Dundalk Irish Stallion Farms Median Auction Maiden S., 1400m, beating The Reaper and It’s Freezing.
- 1st Dundalk Star Appeal S., L, 1400m, beating Park Avenue and Tell the Wind.
- 2nd Leopardstown Killavullan S., Gr.3, 1400m, 2nd to Dubai Prince and beating Park Avenue.
- 2nd HKJC HKU Education Alumni H., 1400m, 2nd to Real Specialist and beating Supreme Knight.
- 1st HKJC Hong Kong Racehorse Owners H., 1400m, beating Simon’s Call and Perfect Gear.
- 2nd HKJC Cyber Colors H., 1400m, 2nd to Noble Alpha and beating Voile Rouge.
- 3rd HKJC Panasonic Cup, 1400m, 3rd to Captain Sweet and Noble Alpha.
- 1st Mercedes-Benz Hong Kong Classic Mile, L, 1600m, beating Fay Fay and My Admiration.
- 2nd Mercedes-Benz Hong Kong Classic Cup, L, 1800m, 2nd to Zaidan and beating Dominant.
- 3rd Mercedes-Benz Hong Kong Derby, L, 2000m, 3rd to Fay Fay and Tucuman.
- 3rd HKJC Audemars Piguet Queen Elizabeth II Cup, Gr.1, 2000m, 3rd to Rulership and Thumbs Up.
- 2nd HKJC Prince Jewellery & Watch Premier Cup, L, 1400m, 2nd to Aashiq and beating Abterra Blue.
Content coming soon…