Kiss And Make Up (Aus)
2017 Service Fee: $16,500 (incl GST)LFG Payment Terms – 1 March 2019
- Bay 2013 16.2 HH
- Sire: More Than Ready (USA)
- Dam: Fashions Afield (by Redoute’s Choice)
- Distances won over: 1200m
LocationStanding in 2017 at Aquis Farm, Hunter Valley (NSW) Request a Nomination
He was some 2yo! He’s got speed, strength and a fantastic temperament. He will let down into the most magnificent stallion
– Gai Waterhouse, Trainer –
Kiss And Make Up has the distinction of being the only juvenile to conquer the Australian Champion 2YO and Golden Slipper winner Capitalist when winning the time-honoured G2 Todman Stakes at Royal Randwick.
He is by More Than Ready, sire of Golden Slipper winners Phelan Ready and Sebring and out of a Redoute’s Choice mare, the sire of Golden Slipper winners Stratum and Miss Finland. His dam Fashion’s Afield ran second in the Golden Slipper too and was Champion 2YO filly – Kiss And Make Up is a horse that has the Golden Slipper in his DNA.
He is Aquis’ first syndicated stallion and he is set to cover a sizzling book of speedy mares in his first season at stud in 2017. His progeny although eligible for BOBS will also be eligible for QTIS bonus, which Aquis has decided to pay to the breeders, which gives owners and trainers a unique advantage on the track.
- He was the ultimate 2YO trained by Gai Waterhouse – he had speed, he had the looks and he had a story
- Broke his maiden in a very hot 2YO race in emphatic fashion, beating G1 winner Foxplay
- Won the Todman Stakes – a race won by stalwarts like Luskin Star, Marauding, General Nediym, Exceed And Excel and Written Tycoon
- Lightly raced with only three starts – like none other than Danzig
race record (aus)
- ATC Todman S., Gr.2 (1200m beating Capitalist and Weatherly)
- ATC Tab.com.au Maiden P. (1200m beating Foxplay and Detective)