Holy Roman Emperor (Ire)
2017 Service Fee: $9,900 (incl GST)LFG Payment terms – 1 March 2019
- Bay 2004 15.2 1⁄2 HH
- Sire: Danehill (USA)
- Dam: L’On Vite (by Secretariat)
- Distances won over: 1200m | 1400m
LocationStanding in 2017 at Aquis Farm, Canungra (QLD) Request a Nomination
A quality individual with an outstanding temperament. Outstanding horse in general. I would be advising breeders to seriously look at Holy Roman Emperor.
– Murray Baker, trainer of Mongolian Khan –
Claiming his second Hong Kong Champion Sire title having won it previously in 2014 before finishing second in 2015 and 2016, Holy Roman Emperor is the sire of 10 individual G1 winners in seven different countries.
A dual G1 winner that raced only at two, Holy Roman Emperor has sired no fewer than 71 stakes-winners worldwide including Caulfield Cup and dual Derby winner Mongolian Khan, HK superstar Designs on Rome, globetrotting sprinter Rich Tapestry, Thousand Guineas heroine Homecoming Queen as well as brilliantly fast Australian mares Angelic Light and last season G1 Oakleigh Plate winner Sheidel.
A descendent of the famed Franfreluche family, like champion Australian sires Encosta de Lago and Flying Spur.
- Two-time Champion Stallion in Hong Kong and a proven stallion in both hemispheres
- Champion 2YO Colt of his generation and one of few commercial sons of Danehill left at stud
- Progeny earnings in excess of $83 million
- Holy Roman Emperor has already sired two G1 winners as a broodmare sire in Johannes Vermeer and Verbal Dexterity