Brilliant Group III Winner
Exceed and Excel x Heat of the Fire
2017 Service Fee:
LFG Payment Terms – 1 March 2019
A brilliant Group III winning juvenile by champion sire and emerging sire of sires Exceed and Excel, Furnaces ticks all the boxes for sire success.
A homebred for Darley, Furnaces was the early favourite for the Golden Slipper following a scintillating pre-Christmas debut victory highlighting his precocity and abundant natural speed.
Explosive winner of the Group III ATC Kindergarten Stakes, Furnaces was second to only Golden Slipper winner Vancouver in the Group II ATC Todman Stakes.
- Retired lightly raced with three brilliant wins at 1100 metres and was third to champion sprinter Chautauqua in the Group II MVRC Ian McEwen Stakes.
- From a superb female family featuring multiple Group I winner Melito, this season’s star 2YO colt Pariah and the 2017 Inglis Australian Easter Yearling Sale top lot, a Snitzel colt from Secluded that made $2.5 million.
- By champion sire Exceed and Excel, the sire of promising sire sons Helmet, Reward for Effort and Excelebration.
Combines the blood of Australian breeding luminaries Danehill, Star Kingdom and Sir Tristram.
|FURNACES||Exceed and Excel||Danehill||Danzig||Northern Dancer|
|Pas De Nom|
|Gladiolus||Watch Your Step|
|Heat of the Fire||Strategic||Zeditave||The Judge|
|Sudden Impulse||Luskin Star|
|Pampas Fire||Prince True|
- WON – Hawkesbury XXX Gold Rush S; Hawkesbury | 3yo | 1100 m
- WON – Widden Kindergarten Stakes; Randwick | 2yo | 1100 m
- WON – Primo Maraitis Plate; Rosehill | 2yo | 1100 m
- 2nd (to Vancouver) – Todman Stakes; Randwick | Gr.2 | 2yo | 1200 m
- 2nd (to Haptic) – Lonhro Plate; Randwick | 2yo | 1100 m