2017 Service Fee: $9,900 (incl GST)LFG Payment terms – 1 March 2019
- Bay Colt 2012 16.1 HH
- Sire: Exceed & Excel
- Dam: Heat of the Fire (by Strategic)
- Distances won over: 1100m
LocationStanding in 2017 at Aquis Farm, Canungra (QLD) Request a Nomination
He is a genuine Group I horse, being a November foal and to be achieving what he is achieving at this stage of his career is a testament to his quality.
– John O’Shea, Trainer –
A brilliant G3 winning juvenile by Champion Sire and emerging sire of sires Exceed And Excel, Furnaces ticks all the boxes for sire success.
A homebred for Darley, Furnaces was the early favourite for the Golden Slipper following a scintillating pre-Christmas debut victory by over 6 lengths, highlighting his precocity and abundant natural speed.
A track record breaker at three and an explosive winner of the G3 Kindergarten Stakes, Furnaces was second to Golden Slipper winner Vancouver in the G2 Todman Stakes.
- Retired lightly raced with three brilliant wins at 1100M and third to Champion sprinter Chautauqua in the G2 McEwen Stakes
- A November foal winning an October 2YO race, highlighting his precocity
- From a superb female family featuring multiple G1 winner Melito and star 2YO colt Pariah
- Combines the blood of Australian breeding luminaries Danehill, Star Kingdom and Sir Tristram
|FURNACES||EXCEED AND EXCEL||Danehill||Danzig||Northern Dancer|
|Pas De Nom|
|Gladiolus||Watch Your Step|
|HEAT OF THE FIRE||Strategic||Zeditave||The Judge|
|Sudden Impulse||Luskin Star|
|Pampas Fire||Prince True|
race record (AUS)
- ATC (Randwick) Kindergarten S., Gr.3 (1100m beating Regatta Rebel and Redzel)
- ATC (Rosehill) Primo Moraitis 2YO P. (1100m)
- 2d ATC (Randwick) Todman S., Gr.2 (1200m to Vancouver and beating Headwater)
- 2d Lonhro P., L (1100m to Haptic and beating Wolf Cry)
- Hawkesbury RC XXXX Gold Rush P. (1100m) (Track Record)
- 3d MVRC Ian McEwen S., Gr.2 (1000m to Chautauqua and Flamberge)
- 2d MVRC Ian McEwen S., Gr.2 (1000m to Wild Rain and beating Heatherly)
First season at stud 2017