2017 Service Fee: $13,200 (incl GST)Free Return Payment Terms – 1 May 2018
- Bay 2001 16.3 HH
- Sire: Danehill (USA)
- Dam: Show Dancing (by Don’t Say Halo)
- Distances won over: 1200m-1800m
LocationStanding in 2017 at Aquis Farm, Hunter Valley (NSW) Request a Nomination
Al Maher was one of the most genuine racehorses I have ever trained and he has transferred this invaluable quality to his progeny. Group 1 winner after Group 1 winner, by this mighty stallion, have come through my stable year after year. Our strike rate together is enviable
– Gai Waterhouse, Trainer –
One of the star 3YO’s of his generation, Al Maher won the G1 Australian Guineas— a race previously won by Champion Sires Zabeel and Flying Spur.
He is a 3/4 brother in blood to none other than Redoute’s Choice and is from the immediate family of successful stallions Umatilla and Hurricane Sky.
Proven sire of elite G1 winners Delicacy, Almalad, Fat Al and Diamond Drille. He has also sired Group winners in Madam Gangster, Pheidon, King Lionheart, Oasis Bloom, Speedy Natalie and Budriguez.
- Bred in the purple, he comes from the greatest female family in the Australian Studbook – the family of the mighty Best in Show
- Ultra-consistent sire of G1 winning 2YO’s, 3YO’s and older horses across all distances
- They look good, they run to win and his stock always sell well – he had over 90% clearance in the ring in 2017
- One of the last remaining commercial sons of Danehill
race record (aus)
- AJC Clipsal 2YO P. (1300m)
- Illawarra TC AGL 2YO H. (1200m)
- VRC Australian Guineas, Gr.1 (1600m)
- STC Gloaming S., Gr.2 (1800m)
- VRC Carbine Club S., Gr.3 (1600m)
- 2d STC Phar Lap S., Gr.2 (1500m)
- 3d MRC Sandown Guineas, Gr.2 (1600m)
- 4th AJC Spring Champion S., Gr.1 (2000m)